HOW I PERSONALLY USE OILS
I am a Licensed Psychologist with a holistic approach to healing incorporating traditional therapy with Reiki, Essential Oils and Crystals. I have been using Young Living oils for 18 years, and essential oils for over 20 years. I personally use oils every day… My favorites are: NingXia Red for antioxidant and energy, lemon in water for detox, thieves in water and topically if I am getting a cold or toothache, pain relieving oils for my back/neck (Cool Azul, PanAway, Deep Relief), Owie, Melrose, Frankincense, Lavender or Tea Tree to spot treat skin issues/cuts, Tummygize for nausea or upset stomach, M-Grain for headaches, Lavender and Cedarwood to help with sleep, Valor on my feet for grounding and confidence, my personal calming blend during stressful times (includes Lavender, Valor, Stress away, Frankincense and Vetiver), various uplifting oils or blends on my heart. (Rose, Neroli, The Gift, Into The Future, Live Your Passion, Release, Acceptance, Hope, Joy, & Peace and Calming.) I use Sensation or Amoressence as my daily perfume. I use the Feelings Kit with clients, and see them move through difficult emotions much more quickly than they would without oils.
Since using oils, my immune system is stronger, I am better able to relieve discomfort or pain naturally and get back to feeling good. I stay calm, grounded and get relief from feelings of sadness/grief during stressful or challenging times. I always have oils on hand to help friends and family. Essential Oils have become my go to medicine cabinet.
BASIC USES FOR POPULAR OILS
Young Living has more than 200 oils, and each of those oils has many uses. For a basic overview, I will cover the 11 oils that come in the Premium Starter Kit. Keep in mind that everyone's physiology is different, so it can take some experimentation to find the perfect oil/combo for a particular need.
This is the most versatile oil- it can be used for almost anything!
- Great for skin irritation and dryness
- Helps with minor injuries, bumps, scrapes
- Promotes relaxation, a quiet mind, and sleep
- Add to mascara and conditioner to assist in healthy hair growth
- Use with frankincense for a facial serum
- Add to bath salts to aid in detoxification of your body
- Diffuse with Cedarwood for a good night's sleep.
- Incredible for cleaning: stain and sticky residue remover
- Great for flavor. Use only in glass, as citrus oils can break down plastic
- Supports healthy immune, lymphatic, circulatory, and digestive system
- Beneficial to add in tea if you are sick
- Caution: photosensitivity, avoid sun exposure after using (topically)
- Supports healthy digestion
- For fresh breath spray, add a drop of oil to pinch of salt and water
- Apply topically for sore muscles
- For occasional headaches, dilute and rub on temples and base of scalp
- Increases focus, clears the mind.
- Combine with lemon for a natural energy boost
- Add to brownies or other desserts. Yum!
- Repels ants and other bugs!
- Amazing for skin: supports healthy skin and normal aging
- Use with lavender and carrier oil (Argan) for a facial serum
- Centering, calming; helps with occasional anxiety
- Diffuse at night with Lavender for a restful night's sleep
- Use topically or diffuse to enhance your yoga, meditation, or spiritual practice
- Supports the immune and respiratory system
- Powerful oil that helps defend and protect bodily systems
- Throat or breath spray
- Purifies the air (and smells delicious!)
- Promotes wellness and good health through out the year
- Smell can provide emotional comfort due to its rich, earthy, warm, and spicy aroma
- Add to water with lemon and honey for an immune boosting tea
- Magnifies the intensity of other oils
- Made from resin, whereas other companies use the bark of the tree (which has less therapeutic properties)
- Supports respiratory system
- Chest rub- frank, RC and copaiba
- Soothing for occasional aches and after workouts for sore muscles or joints
- Great combined with panaway and lavender for post-workout rub and occasional headaches
- Soothes stomach discomforts
- Aids respiratory and digestive processes
- Take a drop before or after a meal to help promote healthy digestion, or dilute and use topically
- Eucalyptus blend
- Chest rub-dilute with carrier oil and apply on chest or diffuse to help open airways
- Invigorating and comforting when applied to the chest and throat
- Pre-workout enhancer: apply topically or inhale
- Put a drop in your shower
- Diffuse with lavender for a relaxing day spa atmosphere
- Soothes sore muscles
- Helps ease normal aches and pains
- Chest rub
- Supports healthy, clear skin. Useful for blemishes.
- Promotes wellness and good health all year round
- Neutralizes the air- great for bathroom spray
- Homemade deodorant
- Scalp treatment
- Can help keep the outdoors "annoyance free" from insects; it contains lemongrass and citronella, which are known to be an insect deterrent
- Apply topically to wrists temples, and back of neck to receive its stress-releasing properties
- Add a couple drops to a glass of water to reduce tension
- Helpful for occasional anxiety or for flying
- Apply topically to assist with muscle tension from everyday stressors
- Useful for children when experiencing separation anxiety or a tantrum
- Add a couple drops to favorite body care products